GIVE & HELP SAVE LIVES TODAY!
Some Important Facts
- The leading cause of death in women is Heart Disease – greater than all cancers and respiratory diseases combined.
- 1 in 4 women will die of cardiovascular disease and 1 in 3 women will experience a “typical” heart attack.
- All the early research was done on men – a “typical” heart attack is described as a “Hollywood” heart attack – chest pain/pressure along with radiating pain down the left am.
- As a result of male focused research, women are under researched, under diagnosed and under treated.
- 2 in 3 women are not diagnosed – heart disease is not detected via traditional diagnostics; they are sent away for non-cardiac treatment (e.g., anxiety, indigestion) or told there is nothing wrong.
- Physiologically, women’s hearts and coronary arteries are smaller; women tend to have lower blood pressure and faster resting heart rate than age-matched men.
- It is time for healthcare systems to catch up with new evidence and incorporate diagnostics and treatment to improve outcomes for women with heart disease.
LEOCADIA is currently raising funds to purchase an EndoPat device from itamar medical, the only FDA-cleared device indicated for the diagnosis of Endothelial Dysfunction – the earliest clinically detectable marker of vascular health. Our goal is to donate the EndoPat to a Women’s Wellness Center and encourage routine heart health screening and early diagnosis.
Please join us in this effort by making a tax-deductible donation.